JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Job Title: Finance Administrator
Location: Padley Development Centre, 68 Rutland Street, Derby, DE23 8PR
Reports to: CEO
Hours of work: 20 hours per week. (Expected to be 09:30-13:30, 5 days per week- negotiable)
Salary: £18000 + Employers 3% pension (pro-rata)
Role Summary: Since 1985, Padley has been working with the homeless, poorest and most marginalised people in society. Padley has a tremendous heritage in Derby, making it one of Derby’s longest established charities. Padley is a diverse organisation, providing a broad range of services to vulnerable people in the local community.
The Finance Administrator role, is a key role within the organisation. The role will support the oversight of the financial performance of Padley Group, and will support the Management Team and the Board of Trustees, working closely with the Finance sub-Committee of the Board.
Key responsibilities of the role include preparation of monthly accounts, and all aspects of financial control and bookkeeping.
This is an important role providing an opportunity for involvement in wide ranging activity and to join a long established charity with exciting development plans.
Overall role purpose:
- To work and support the defined objectives relating to the finance, resources and fundraising aspects of the organisation
- To update and maintain the financial records of the Padley Group.
- To provide Padley Group’s Management team , Treasurer and Board of Trustees, with appropriate, timely, accurate and well presented financial information and Finance meeting minutes.
- To have oversight of HR Records, storage and administration
Main duties finance:
- Day to day bookkeeping, including sales and supplier invoices, petty cash management, and reconciliation of bank and balance sheet accounts.
- Produce monthly management accounts with variance reports, recording all income from cash, grants, tenders, hire fee, student fees and any other income across the Padley Group.
- Support the preparation of annual audited accounts with accountants, auditors and trustees. Including filing accounts with Charity Commission and Companies House.
- Payroll management and distribution
- Oversee the HR records and oversee administration of HR records
- Administer pension
- Carry out statutory returns, including VAT, corporation tax, Gift Aid etc.
- To assist the CEO to prepare the annual budget.
- Support CEO, managers and administrators to complete financial tasks as required
- A good technical accounting knowledge,
- An eye for detail and an interest in making sure information is good quality, accurate and timely
- Supporting colleagues to understand and complete relevant financial functions
- Experience in a bookkeeping role
- Experience of preparing monthly management accounts
- Experience of working in teams
- Knowledge of Quickbooks accounting system is desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Especially Excel)
- An accountancy or bookkeeping qualification would be desirable.
- A self starter able to operate with limited supervision
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work across the organisation for a common goal
- Broad communication skills to support relationships across the organisation, with non finance staff and with leadership and Trustees
Closing date is Tuesday 14th August 9.00am, and interviews will be held on Thursday 16th August.
To download an application pack please click HERE
Please return all application to [email protected] or Padley Head Office, 68 Rutland Street, Derby, DE23 8PR